Where there are impediments or risks with much less than 2000 millimeters elevation clearance in an available open public room without any plainly specified continuous obtainable course of traveling as an example: areas under a stairway, escalator or relocating walkway, contact with above danger will be stopped by an ideal obstacle such as Pathfinder Polyurethane High Luminance Tactile Ground Surface Indicators bladed shaft or celebrity shaft type will be made use of for all brand-new TGSI installments beyond the Central Activity Area. TGSI setup within the Central Activity Area shall be Pathfinder Polyurethane High Luminance Tactile Ground Surface Indicators bladed shaft or star shaft type unless or else called for by the Central Geelong Public Realm Strategy.
Product selection for substitute of existing Tactile pads will certainly be made on an instance by situation basis with the approval of the responsible division taking into account the Clous podotactile, product cost and continuous maintenance. Previous experience making use of a series of other materials and providers has actually proven the sturdiness, prevalence, convenience of installment and price effectiveness of Pathfinder Polyurethane High Luminance Tactile pads.
New materials and also products will certainly be reviewed by our Engineering Standards Committee prior to addition as an alternative to the Pathfinder system. TGSI installment by State Government Departments, where they preserve liability and also upkeep for the installation, will remain in accordance with the relevant standards and also demands they subscribe to. Where installations are to be managed and also preserved by Council they shall satisfy Council’s requirements. After examination of a variety of different colors and examination with advocacy teams for the vision impaired, the recommended color scheme for use in the district, excluding the Central Activity Area, is:.
- Cobalt Blue: to be utilized on plain and revealed aggregate concrete and light colored surface areas including pavers.
- Yellow: to be used on asphalt, charcoal concrete and dark colored surfaces.
- Different colors black, beige/white and also stainless steel may be taken into consideration in areas of calculated value with the prior authorization of the Responsible Department.
- The selection of colors within the Central Activity Area is governed by the Central Geelong Public Realm Strategy. The method recognizes the complying with colors
- Stainless-steel: to be used in asphalt paved areas.
- Granite: to be utilized in bluestone led locations.